Leave it to you, 2023

I don't dare to wish them to regret anything; I am not even a friend to them.

I am just a lover who didn't meet their expectations.

I am just a collage of unexpected closeness with them.

I am just someone they used to call a friend but never truly meant it.


So in front of Your Baitullah; I wish I could forgive.

Yes, I wish I could forgive and open up the tiniest possibility to let them stay near my house.

The cats at my door would not let them in.

But, I wish I could forgive to the point where I can let them sit in my front yard.

The front yard should be enough.


Ya Allah, there's another thing I'm wishing for.

I hope there will be a sense of shame.

Just a little bit of shame – that lingers in their hearts for a lifetime.

The shame of letting someone who genuinely loved them – with her whole heart – leave.

The shame of choosing this path, that they are motivated not to repeat it in the future.


I hope there will be shame.

And I hope I can forgive.

I will leave it to You, Ya Allah.

I will leave it to You.




Comments